FPEA 2012-2013 Group Eligibility Application Information
What Is an FPEA-Recognized Group?
A recognized group is any group that fills out the FPEA group application, has at least either 25 of its members or 25 percent of its total membership registering as FPEA group members, and meets our policies as outlined below. A recognized group is permitted to obtain the discounted FPEA rate for its members (currently $20 per family). You can complete your application here: FPEA Group Eligibilty Application. We are no longer accepting group applications for the 2012-2013 membership year.
Please read these eligibility rules to ensure your group meets the qualifications to be an FPEA-recognized group. If you have questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877- ASK-FPEA (275-3732).
In order to be an FPEA-recognized group and for members of the group to receive FPEA membership at a discounted rate, a group must meet all these criteria:
1. There must be a central point of contact or leader — for example, a president or administrator.
2. All group leaders must be FPEA members. Once the group application is approved, the group leaders have 30 days to obtain FPEA membership, or the group status will become inactive.
3. There must be a group name, mailing address and contact number.
4. All payments must be transacted online with a credit card.
5. The group must submit an FPEA-recognized group application online and be approved annually.
6. Groups that are exclusively e-mail, e-loop or Internet-based may also be FPEA-recognized and receive discounted memberships. All such groups must provide an e-mail address that can be publicly accessed without a subscription.
7. Agree to enter into a mutually beneficial relationship with the FPEA. In return for promoting your group on the FPEA website, in FPEA publications and by word of mouth, you in turn will promote the benefits of the FPEA to your members on your website, in your publications and by word of mouth.
The FPEA Board of Directors reserves the right to deny or terminate group or individual membership at any time at its discretion.
FPEA membership information is used exclusively by the FPEA. It is not shared or sold to any other individuals or organizations. With your permission, the FPEA will share your group information as submitted on the online application below.
Group Support Services
Additionally, an FPEA-recognized group should provide support services for the local homeschool community. Some services may include:
1. Holding parent support meetings at a central location where all members may attend.
2. Publishing a monthly newsletter in some form.
3. Organizing extracurricular activities for its members, such as field trips, co-op classes, testing or park days.
|You can complete your application here: FPEA Group Eligibity Application|
Additional Information for Group Leaders
How do I know if my group is a "100% Group"?
Click on this link to read about the 100% Group Terms and Conditions.
Ready to Apply to be an FPEA Recognized Group?
Click here: FPEA Group Eligibilty Application to access and complete the registration for your group. Yes, every group must complete this application every year to offer your group members a discount on membership and to be listed as a FPEA Recognized Group.
Taking FPEA Memberships
How do members join FPEA through my group?
- Once your Group Eligibility Application has been approved by FPEA you will receive a Group Discount Code. This code is also your Group Number.
- Do not collect money from your members.
- Your members will join FPEA directly from the website using the Group Discount Code you have provided them. This will give them the group rate of $20.00 and add them to your group roster.
- You will be required to sign an agreement with FPEA stating you understand that the Group Discount Code is to be used by your members only.
- Any members who join FPEA using your Group Discount Code will also agree they are part of your group.
- The FPEA will send a Group Membership Quarterly Report listing the members of your group. You should report to FPEA any members on the list that are not a part of your group.
What if I have collected memberships for FPEA from my group members?
If you ARE a 100% Group, refer to the 100% Groups Term and Conditions
If you are NOT a 100 % Group, click on the link below for instructions on how to submit the members who have already paid you for FPEA Dues:
How do I create a .csv file?